A Board Game and Jigsaw Puzzle Boutique
2115 Murray Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15217
(412) 421-8807 firstname.lastname@example.org
M-Sat: 11-7PM; Sun 11-5PM
What:: GASP Games Day
Where:: Baldwin Community United Methodist Church
When:: 10am to 10pm
Cost:: $5 (first time attendees are free)
After a long and arduous search, GASP has found a new home for our monthly Games Days, the Baldwin Community United Methodist Church. The location is closer to Pittsburgh and the surrounding communities, has ample parking, tons of space, and is close to plenty of food options.
Games Days have been scheduled for all of 2017. Except for a few instances, we were able to keep the 2nd Saturday of the month. See below for the schedule, it will be updated as needed.
• January 14th
• February 18th (third Saturday)
• March 11th
• April 1st (first Saturday)
• May 13th
• June 10th
• July 22nd (fourth Saturday)
• August 12th
• September 9th
• October 14th
• November 11th
• December 2nd (first Saturday)
The address for the church is located at the bottom of the page
Game Days run from 10am till 10pm, and are open to everyone. There is a small fee per person ($5) to attend Games Day, to cover the cost of the rental hall. This fee is waived for all first-time attendees. The fee will be collected when you arrive, and will grant access to all the games contributed by our members, for use that day. Since we are starting in a new home, we will restart yearly payments again. You can sign-up for yearly payments at the December 2016 or January 2017 Games Day.
Speaking of games, there are always a multitude of board, card, role-playing, and miniature games being played on any given Game Day, but a few events are near constants.
• Our Multi-Player Magic League runs each Game Day, starting around 11am. It’s a league that runs Jan-Oct. There is a second league starting at 4:30PM with modified rules and decks, please read the forum post for more information.
• Several RPG campaigns are also run each Game Day, including our “One-Shot Saturdays”, stand-alone adventures run by various GMs each month.
• There are several miniature games that regularly appear at each Game Day. These vary each month, but some examples are Bolt Action, X-Wing, Lord of the Rings, Firestorm Armada, Dystopian Wars, Axis and Allies: War at Sea & Angels 20, BattleTech, MERCS, Infinity, and others.
• Don’t forget our extensive board game contingent. You can always find players for a board game, whether you bring your own or try out one of the many titles our BGers own and bring each month to our Games Library.
We ask that everyone attending our Game Days brings something along as a snack and/or drink, for the community to share in. The facility has a full kitchen, so items that need refrigerated are OK. Most people bring some soda, chips, cookies, veggie tray, etc. This helps everyone have a good time without worrying about snacks or drinks.
See you at Games Day!
Baldwin Community United Methodist Church
5001 Baptist Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15236